Our SD64 DFL Convention will be held on Sunday, 25 March 2012 at Central High School, 275 Lexington Parkway North. If you have been elected a Delegate or Alternate to the convention at your precinct caucus, please join us for the afternoon.
Registration opens at 11:30am, the Convention begins at 12:30pm. Allow time for parking and carpool or use transit if you can.
If you need special accommodations (interpreter, seating, parking etc.), call Robert Hemphill at 847-757-6091 or email him.
If you want to be a leader of the Senate District DFL, we need you. Please see the nominations committee page for details on the positions available and the screening times.
Note: this version of the agenda includes some changes since the official call was mailed.
- Call to Order by the 2011 Senate District 64 Chair (time certain at 12:30)
- Flag ceremony
- Reading of Affirmative Action Statement
- Credentials Committee First Report – Resolution of any credentials challenges
- Election of Convention Chair(s)
- Rules Committee Report – Adoption of Rules and Agenda
- Ratification of Presidential Preference Ballot
- Constitution Committee Report and Adoption of Senate District 64 Constitution
- Resolutions Committee First Report
- Reading of the Platform Resolutions Statement
- Explanation of Voting Process
- Associate Chair
- Affirmative Action Officer
- Fundraising Chair
- 17 Directors
- 7 Alternate Directors
- 15 Delegates
- 15 Alternates
- 8 Delegates
- 8 Alternates
- 2 Alternates for Chair and Associate Chair
- State and 4th CD/Ramsey County Convention Delegates and Alternates
- Reporting of State and 4th CD/Ramsey County Delegates and Alternates to the Convention Chair
- Election of State Delegation Co-Chairs by State Convention Delegation
If you are a candidate or staff for a campaign planning to attend our convention, please be sure to review the rules for campaigns prepared by our Arrangements Committee.
These committees do the behind the scenes work before and at the convention.
- Rules. This committee decides the rules that govern the SD64 convention.
- Credentials. This committee enters the data from the caucuses, prepares the list of eligible delegates, and hands out voting credentials at the conventions.
- Resolutions. This committee compiles all the resolutions adopted at the precinct caucuses and administers the voting at the SD64 convention.
- Arrangements. This committee organizes the logistics and helps run things the day of the convention.
- Nominations. This committee screens candidates who are running for SD64 DFL office and proposes a slate of candidates for the convention.
- Constitution. This committee will review and propose revisions to the rules by which SD64 DFL operates for the next ten years.