The Arrangements Committee is a pre-convention committee of SD64 DFL. This committee organizes the logistics and helps run things the day of the convention.
Help us put on a great convention!
We need your help at the convention, please let us know we can count on you.
The Arrangements Committee is being chaired by Trevor and Emma Burns. You can reach them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The committee meetings have been set for the following times and locations:
- Saturday February 29, 2020 at 10 AM at SEIU
- Saturday March 7, 2020 at 10 AM at Highland Park Library
Running a convention takes a lot of work – and we are all volunteers. So, we could really use your help to make our convention run smoothly. Contact our arrangements committee at email@example.com to volunteer for any of these convention-day opportunities:
- Door greeters needed for 45-minute shifts between Noon and 1:30pm;
- Volunteers available for the duration of the convention to help with various tasks;
- Sergeant-at-Arms, to be nominated at the convention;
- Clean-up volunteers to assist building maintenance in putting away chairs and close down after the convention.
We will provide you with all the necessary information you need to know to answer questions confidently from convention attendees!
Your help will be greatly appreciated!
When you can get in
- The convention is on Sunday, 15 March 2020 at Central High School
- Call to Order 1pm
- Doors open for campaigns at 11:30 am
- Doors open for delegates at 12:00 Noon
- Campaigns may enter the building at doors 2, 8, or 13
- 6 floor-passes per campaign – passes can be picked up at the Arrangements Desk between 11:30 am and 2 pm. Passes will be valid between Noon and the adjournment of the Convention
- Campaign workers posting signs in the gym after Noon need to have floor-passes!
Please let firstname.lastname@example.org know your campaign wants to reserve a table or room if you have not done so already!
- Tables are available for $50 per table.
- To reserve, please RSVP email@example.com.
- Make checks payable to SD64 DFL. On memo line please write “table rental”.
- You may bring a check the day of the convention.
- There may be rooms available at a cost of $100 per room. Rooms are limited. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested! First come, first served!
- The following locations constitute the only places for campaigns to post signs indoors:
- Per campaign, one (1) sign, up to 2’x4′, behind the stage. See #2 for the procedure.
- Per campaign, up to twelve (12) 2’x4′ (or equivalent) signs, on the west wall/closed bleachers, beginning at 10:30. Feel free to bring a ladder for higher placement.
- Campaigns may post signs on their table, if tablespace rented.
- Per campaign, wall space behind the campaign’s table, if tablespace rented.
- Signs, in the gym, must be posted by 11:45 a.m. Campaigns are required to stop posting signs at this time. No exceptions.
- Beginning at 11:30 a.m. on day of convention, ____TBD____, (orange vest), will meet campaigns at the stage to create and monitor the line, in order for each campaign to post one (1) 2’x4′ sign behind the stage. In the case that more than one campaign arrives at the same time, straws will be drawn to establish the line order.
- Be aware – No sign posted by a campaign may block the ability of another campaign to display its signs. Aggressive or blocking activity will be monitored and offenders may be asked to take down their signs and leave.
- The Arrangements Committee co-chairs are the final arbiters of disputes of indoor signage rules at the Convention venue.
- Signs may be posted outside, and campaigns are then required to promptly remove the signs after adjournment of the convention.
- Questions or concerns, up to 24 hours prior to the convention, may be sent to email@example.com ; Day of the convention, please visit the Arrangements Desk between 10 am to 3 pm.
- No stickers shall be worn, distributed, or posted (Building rules).
- Painter’s tape is the only adhesive permissible to adhere signs to any surface. Bring your own – we do not supply the tape.
- Signs may not be posted anywhere else in the building.
- Campaign literature may only be placed on candidate tables or given directly to willing delegates. In other words, your campaign may not place literature on people’s seats – per Rules Committee.
- Each delegation will be responsible for collecting and disposing of all materials (signs and literature) and trash.
Speeches and Demonstrations
- Each declared candidate will address the convention at the discretion of the Convention Chair and will limit their remarks to ten (10) minutes.
- Please let the Convention Chair know you are ready to speak.
- There will be a 30-minute question and answer session for declared 64A candidates.
- Incumbent DFL office-holders, declared DFL candidates (other than declared 64A candidates), and other party dignitaries may address the convention at the discretion of the Convention Chair. Such visitors will limit their remarks to no more than two (2) minutes.
- No moving demonstrations are permitted during the balloting.
- No disruptive demonstrations in the galleries.
- Whistles, air horns, bull horns, and strobe lights or other similar devices will not be allowed during the convention in the convention hall.
Each campaign is responsible for cleaning up before leaving the building – signs, trash, etc. Thank you in advance for your assistance!