MinnPost’s Julie Bartkey interviews our own Erin Murphy, House Majority Leader elect, about the priorities for the DFL caucus in the coming session.
Congratulations to Dick Cohen, Erin Murphy, and Michael Paymar on winning reelection to the Minnesota Senate and House and becoming the majority in both bodies! Erin’s candidate recruitment and our flying squad contributed to the wide DFL victory, winning the Minnesota House and Senate for the DFL. We also delivered the state for President Barak Obama and Senator Amy Klobuchar, and CD 4 for Betty McCollum. And both constitutional amendments have been defeated. In fact, it could be argued that turnout driven by the very close amendment vote drove the wider victories. Back home in Saint Paul we also won the school levy question. What a great election evening! Thanks to everyone for all the hard work this year. No excuses, now we have to deliver the best government Minnesota has ever seen.
There are many, many opportunities to talk to voters. RSVP to email@example.com and let us know what you will be at!
- District wide doorknock! We are meeting at Macalester College at 1:30 pm on Saturday, Sept. 15. We will be meeting at CC206 (Campus Center on Grand & Snelling). Another district-wide doorknock will be at 1pm on Sunday, Sept. 30. We will go knocking on apartment doors with Obama for America at 1pm on Sunday 9/16. Meet at the Macalester Campus Center, room 206.
- 64A Tuesdays: every week until GOTV at 5:30 pm (Erin Murphy’s house, 898 Osceola Ave)
- 64B Thursdays: 5:30 – 9pm, 9/13 (Michael Paymar’s house, 2009 Juliet Ave) and 9/27 (Melanie McMahon’s house, 1266 Scheffer Ave).
- Our next Flying Squad outing will be on Sunday, Sept. 23 at 11:30am. We will be doorknocking for Susan Kent and JoAnn Ward. We will meet at Erin Murphy’s house, 898 Osceola Ave. Another ﬂying squad will be on 10/7.
- Daily phone banks at the DFL Saint Paul Field Ofﬁce (545 West 7th Street) Sunday/Monday/Wednesday evenings: 5-9pm, Monday-Friday afternoons: 1-4pm
- SD65 Voter Registration Drive: 10am on Saturday, Sept. 22 at the Saint Paul Field Ofﬁce, 545 West 7th.
Please join SD64 DFL & Rep. Erin Murphy marching in the Grand Old Day Parade on Sunday June 3, 2012. We’ll be meeting around 9:15 am that morning near parade route beginning. We are allowed only 25 volunteers – so please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to join the contingent by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. T-Shirts will be provided for marchers. Family members are welcome, but they count toward the 25 person limit so let us know. It’s about 2 mile route.