Credentials Committee Update, 3/12

The Credentials Committee for the upcoming SD64 DFL Convention met for the first time on Saturday, 12 March. Thanks to all the great data entry work done by our volunteers, the committee was able to get right down to work and decide a number of issues.

It voted to accept registrations from the caucus even when the person registering neglected to sign their card or the registration form. The discussion of this point noted that we have many other indicators of actual attendance, including handwriting on the delegate sign-up sheets. We also expect a relatively calm convention since there are no contests for endorsement. So overall it seemed reasonable to relax this rule.

The Credentials Committee also voted to make delegates elected in the wrong precinct caucus (folks who were in the wrong room) the last alternates in their actual precinct delegations. In all cases where this occurred, the delegate slate for the precincts in question were already filled and a number of ranked alternates were already present, but there were alternate slots available to add these folks to the tail end of their proper delegations.

Finally, the committee “rolled the dice” to randomly rank alternates from four precincts which did not provide any ranking for their alternates.

More details of our decisions are available in the notes from the 3/12 meeting.

The next meeting of the Credentials Committee will be on 3/16. Please address any concerns or challenges to credentials@sd64dfl.org as soon as possible. Our goal is to complete the final cleanup of the delegate list by Monday 3/21.

Credential Committee meeting 3/20

The Credentials Committee will hold its final pre-convention meeting at 7pm in the group room at Coffee Bene (just south of Grand on Cleveland) this Thursday, March 20. We will discuss remaining challenges (if any) at this meeting, but primarily it will be a meeting to assemble the badges that we hand out on convention day. Remember that Coffee Bene provides this room to us at no cost but asks that each patron make $3 in purchases from them (this is not a “requirement,” but Coffee Bene has been very good about letting us use their space so please come thirsty).

Credentials committee meets 3/15

Credentials will next meet at 10:30am Saturday 3/15 in Room 100 room at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Snelling Avenue. We expect to take up challenges filed by the campaigns (and anyone else) at this meeting.

Credentials Committee meeting Saturday 3/1

The Credentials Committee will meet Saturday, March 1, at 10:30am. The meeting is at Gloria Dei Lutheran church, 700 Snelling Avenue, and we expect it to run two hours. This replaces our meeting on February 22, which was cancelled due weather/road conditions.

CANCELLED Credentials Committee meeting Saturday, 2/22

The Credentials Committee will be meeting at 10:30am on Saturday, February 22, in the Youth Services room of the Rondo Library (the same place we had our meeting on Saturday February 15). The Rondo Library is at University and Dale, parking is available below the structure from eastbound University. The meeting will go until 11:30am.

This meeting has been cancelled. We will instead be meeting March 1. Details here.

Notes from Credentials, 2/15

At today’s meeting the credentials committee made the following decisions:

(0) We decided to provide access to our “shadow list” to the campaigns in 64B so that they can better track our decision making. It turns out that VoteBuilder (the VAN) is lagging in getting data from our workspace to theirs. This shadow list will not include phone numbers or email addresses. (Note, this decision was made before Vince began taking the notes linked to below.)

(1) We voted to allow all the “nosig” delegates and alternates to be seated. This is in accord with past SD64 credentials committees which have taken the same action. We recognized that there are other sources of evidence that people attended besides their signatures, such as the delegate sign-up sheets themselves.

(2) We voted to accept the letter nomination from 3-4 even though the writer wrote their address at St. Kate’s as “2004 Fairview” instead of “2004 Randolph”.

(3) We voted to allow the convener of 2-2 to be seated as a delegate if that was his intent.

(4) We voted to accept the delegate list provided by 3-3 on their minutes sheet since it was indicated that this list, and not the list on the dark blue sheets, should be considered so.

(5) We voted to accept a letter nomination from 3-8 which had been misplaced the convener on the evening of the caucus, once we get the original from our SD64 chair.

(6) We voted to accept a letter nomination from 4-8 once we confirm with the caucus convener that the copy we have matches the copy presented to the caucus on a mobile device.

We agreed to meet next Saturday, 2/22, 10:30am, at Rondo Library.