These are the rules the Senate District 64 DFL expects campaigns to follow as you participate in our 6 February 2018 Precinct Caucuses. Thank you for taking the time to review them. Failure to comply with campaign rules may result in penalties.
- The buildings open to campaigns at 6:15 P.M.
- Caucuses will be convened at 7:00 P.M.
- All campaigns must be out of the buildings, with their materials collected, by 9:45 P.M. unless a precinct runs late.
- The Senate District will make a single table available to all campaigns for campaign literature on the first floor (i.e., every campaign will be putting their campaign lit on the same one table). Any campaign seeking DFL endorsement in this election cycle may leave literature on this table.
- The table is for candidates seeking endorsement only. Issues, organizations, etc. will not have table space. Tables will be available (for a fee) at the convention on March 25.
Signs and Stickers
- Campaign signs will NOT be allowed within or on the building. You will not be allowed to hang signs anywhere in or on the building.
- Campaigns may NOT distribute stickers at any location on the premises. Please do not distribute stickers anywhere on the school grounds. Campaigns may distribute buttons, but please do not disrupt the flow of registration at the caucuses.
- Campaigns may distribute literature to individual rooms after 6:15 P.M.
Campaigns should have a representative pick up their excess literature at the end of the caucuses (approximately 9:30 P.M.).
- Campaign literature will NOT be included in packets distributed to precinct conveners.
- Please DO NOT mail us literature to distribute. We will recycle it. If you would like to distribute literature at the caucuses, please see above.
- Our proposed precinct caucus rules limit candidate speeches to one minute.
- Only one candidate or surrogate per campaign may speak. (I.e., if a candidate shows up, they get a minute and no surrogates. If the candidate is not there, a surrogate may be allowed, but only for one minute).
Photography of the caucus sign-in sheets and cards will not be allowed on caucus night. We will provide delegate information to all campaigns at the same time later in the week.
If you have questions before the caucuses, please review all this information and our page on caucuses. Then contact the SD64 DFL campaign coordinator: