MiniVAN is the smartphone and tablet application (app) that lets volunteers easily and efficiently log data from door knocking and phone campaigns. It is very user-friendly and designed specifically for volunteers! SD64 Field Organizer Katie Sterns has trained several “I am not comfortable with technology” types and with a little hand holding at the beginning they are now excited about adopting it in their volunteer work.
The benefits to using miniVAN are many including:
- information about the voter before you approach/contact them
- maps and other useful information built-in
- you don’t have to carry around all that paper
- save trees!
- cut down SIGNIFICANTLY on volunteer hours!
MiniVAN allows you, with a few clicks, to enter voter data DIRECTLY into the system without that added data entry step. This also ensures the data is in the system IMMEDIATELY so folks at the DFL have the most up-to-date information possible when they make campaign calls.
Katie will be available to help get you set up and into the MiniVAN system by appointment (it takes about 10 minutes) or come with your smart phone or tablet to a training session. MiniVAN Set-up and Training dates:
- Thursday, September 29th, 4:30-5 pm at Sweeney’s, 96 N. Dale (Summit Hill neighborhood… just before the Erin Murphy Fund Raiser)
- Tuesday, October 4th, 8:30-9 am at J&S Bean Factory, 1518 Randolph Ave. (Highland/Mac Groveland)
- Thursday, October 6th, 9-9:30 am at Finnish Bistro, 2264 Como Ave (St. Anthony Park)
For a private, one-on-one training contact Katie (651-295-1730).